Welcome to the Web Site of the Furness Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
This is the place to find out all about your local CAMRA branch, the breweries and pubs in the area and what is happening in the branch, including the fabulous Ulverston Beer Festival that takes place every September.
We have a local magazine that you can often find in the pubs around the Furness area and you can even download a copy from this site. The latest version, Issue 61 - Winter 2016/7, is now available on the Branch Magazine page.
Please have a look around the website - we hope you like what you see and that you enjoy our wonderful area, its amazing choice of top quality breweries and its friendly local pubs.
If you want to know what happened at the 2016 Ulverston Beer Festival then we have a whole page dedicated to it, including the lists of beers, ciders and perries that we had available.
Coming up soon, the Chequers/Dalton Beer Festival, now in its third year|
Make a note in your diary for 21st and 22nd of April.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Friday, 09:46 : Permitted Development Rights amendment - giving better protection to pubs - has just been tabled: publications.parliament.uk/pa/bills/cbill…
- Thursday, 21:53 : Campaigners now need to ensure pub protection measures are passed and implemented as soon as possible: camra.org.uk/press-releases…
- Thursday, 21:12 : Govt support for removal of permitted development rights victory for campaigners and members across England: camra.org.uk/press-releases…
- Thursday, 20:05 : There are still tickets available for the trips to @8ArchBrewing and @The_Brew_Shack during the Members' Weekend: ow.ly/lGzj30abWDI
- Thursday, 19:33 : Great work by @LordRoyKennedy - his efforts "will benefit pub goers for generations to come". twitter.com/LabourLordsUK/…