Welcome to the Web Site of the Furness Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
Have a look at our Furness CAMRA Facebook page as well as this website.
This is the place to find out all about your local CAMRA branch, the breweries and pubs in the area and what is happening in the branch, including the fabulous Ulverston Beer Festival that takes place every September.
We have a local magazine that you can often find in the pubs around the Furness area and you can even download a copy from this site. The latest version, Issue 62 - Spring 2017, is now available on the Branch Magazine page.
Please have a look around the website - we hope you like what you see and that you enjoy our wonderful area, its amazing choice of top quality breweries and its friendly local pubs.
If you want to know what happened at the 2016 Ulverston Beer Festival then we have a whole page dedicated to it, including the lists of beers, ciders and perries that we had available.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Thursday, 11:10 : It's official - the law has now changed to protect pubs in the planning system. Find out more: ow.ly/ShOp30bW3ld
- Thursday, 09:10 : Are you brewing a special beer or hosting an event to mark @BeerDayBritain this June? We'd love to know your plans #CheersToBeer
- Wednesday, 10:20 : Good news! Legislation to remove Permitted Development Rights for all pubs in England came into force yesterday: ow.ly/ShOp30bW3ld
- Monday, 19:55 : Did you know that 345 #GE2017 candidates from 263 different constituencies have made a #pledgeforpubs?… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Monday, 18:45 : The General Election is now just a few weeks away. Have you asked your #GE2017 candidates to #pledgeforpubs?… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…