Welcome to the Web Site of the Furness Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
Have a look at our Furness CAMRA Facebook page as well as this website and you can now follow us @FurnessCAMRA on Twitter as well.
All CAMRA members should be involved in this, to shape the future of CAMRA. The meeting in Coventry on 20th-22nd April is where it is all happening. If you are going, you will be voting on the changes but if you cannot go then you will still be able to vote online or by post. Don't ignore this, the future is in your hands.
For more information, you should go here: CAMRA Revitalisation 2018 and particularly here: CAMRA Revitalisation Decision 2018 to read about it and here: CAMRA AGM 2018 for details of the AGM and everything else you need to know.
Your local branch
This is the place to find out all about your local CAMRA branch, the breweries and pubs in the area and what is happening in the branch, including the fabulous Ulverston Beer Festival that takes place every September.
We have a local magazine that you can often find in the pubs around the Furness area and you can even download a copy from this site. The latest version, Issue 65 - Winter 2017/18, is now available on the Branch Magazine page.
Please have a look around the website - we hope you like what you see and that you enjoy our wonderful area, its amazing choice of top quality breweries and its friendly local pubs.
Have a look at the Beer Festival page for information about the 2017 Ulverston Beer Festival which took place on 31st August to 2nd September.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Wednesday, 20:03 : If you want to continue discussing Revitalisation with other members, head over to: discourse.camra.org.uk
- Wednesday, 20:02 : ...and that's our hour up! Thank you to everyone who sent a question in or was following our Revitalisation Q&A session #revitaliseCAMRA
- Wednesday, 19:59 : A: The SRs are to adopt an open set of new articles that are guidance on what we could do, but not specifically wha… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Wednesday, 19:57 : A: Punk IPA in cans doesn't fall under our definition of real ale. However, giving drinkers more information about… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Wednesday, 19:55 : A: Nothing in the Revitalisation recommendations suggest we will be campaigning for Carling, or keg beer. Real ale,… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…